• Add me on Facebook
  • Follow me on Twitter
  • Subscribe to my feed

Sep 14, 2010

Take a Step Back into Twin Shadow

Twin Shadow’s George Lewis jr has set his synth back to 80’s pop, pompadour-ed his hair back to 50’s rockabilly and spun out an album Forget sure to make some waves in 2010 (nu-waves?). The first single release of the album “Slow” begins with a steady drum-machine, which channels what sounds like a mix between Depeche Mode & New Order and builds into a wash of synth-string and bare-hearted Michael Hutchins/Anand Wilder style vocals blaring “I don’t wanna believe, or be in love”. It’s challenging not to make comparisons when some sounds strike tender nostalgic chords, but I have a feeling Twin Shadow’s Forget will forge new memories all on its own. The album is being released by Terrible Records, the label run by Grizzly Bear producer Chris Taylor. My personal other highlights are: “I Can’t Wait”, “Forget” and “Castles in the Snow”.

You can stream the album on the Twin Shadow Website in its entirety or check out George’s video for “Slow” below.


Twin Shadow 'Slow' (NSFW) from Twin Shadow on Vimeo.

No comments: