• Add me on Facebook
  • Follow me on Twitter
  • Subscribe to my feed

Sep 12, 2010

“Lucky Shiner” by Gold Panda: it will hit you in the heart

Gold Panda‘Snow and Taxis’ (video below) is taken from London Dj/producer Gold Panda’s first LP release Lucky Shiner (Ghostly International) and was mixed by Simian Mobile Disco’s James Shaw. There is something about this beat-driven track laden with dancing chimes that gets under your skin. Gold Panda’s obvious Asian influence effervesces up memories of Sofia Coppola’s Lost in Translation: predominantly tracked by Kevin Shields wistful, melancholy sound-scapes. Apparently Gold Panda spent years studying Japanese language and culture, you can hear it in his music. You can download another one of my faves “Same Dream China” at RCRDLBL or stream the entire album at the Lucky Shiner website.

Let me know if you like it!

Snow And Taxis from Gold Panda on Vimeo.

No comments: