• Add me on Facebook
  • Follow me on Twitter
  • Subscribe to my feed

Sep 15, 2010

Lord Huron Has a Problem With Your Daughter... Find Out

Lord Huron Into The Sun Single
Came across this band Lord Huron whilst tripping through the new Myspace matrix (yes I still stroll the supposed ghost town from time to time) and was instantly moved by their self-proclaimed “pop/tropical” resonance.

“The Problem with Your Daughter”, baring resemblance to Fleet Foxes with its soft choral vocal harmonies, is definitely one of my picks and hopefully featured on band’s forthcoming EP Mighty (although has already been bundled in with a pre-released single “Into the Sun” pictured). The band’s Californian roots make for the perfect marriage of coast and country that perforates any plastic generalisation, leaving you serene and sun-drenched inside.

You can steam their EP on the Lord Huron Myspace page or you can buy the “Into the Sun” single from their website for $3.20 AUD (bargain!). Pitchfork also listed the melancholy professions of “When Will I See You Again” as one of their best new tracks, also one of my faves. Make sure you sit back and soak it up (preferably alone, overlooking the ocean…thinking about the one that got away).

No comments: