• Add me on Facebook
  • Follow me on Twitter
  • Subscribe to my feed

Nov 29, 2010

Grouplove - Get Involved

Grouplove
Much love to Grouplove: a nouveau LA collective consisting of: Christian Zucconi, Sean Gadd, Hannah Hooper, Ryan Rabin, Andrew Wessen. The boys and girl joined salty hands together one summer on the remote island of Crete (Greece) after meeting by chance: Hooper invited to participate in an art installation . Their music almost resembles a melting pot of Manhatten sound: the gritty textured riffs of Les Savy Fav mushed together with layered Local Natives style keys and vocals.

I am a bit slow on the uptake in posting this killer track "Colours" which was released earlier this year, but the group's self-titled EP is only just available this month in Australia on iTunes.

Get involved in Grouplove.

2 comments:

Josh Ackman said...

Hey there Zoe! I'm enjoying (still!) making my way through your list of the 40 best from last year...some I knew, some I didn't. Tame Impala at only 17 though must surely be an oversight!? Still my fave from last year.

The Zed said...

Hey Josh, that's rad! Do you have a blog at all? I know... re Tame Impala, epic album. I think the order has changed somewhat since I posted. I'd def move Mount Kimbie's up the ranks too. Thanks for reading :)